Through the test and the reflection, the individual will be able to explore their character on a deeper level.
It would be an opportunity to see through their action at some point and figure out possible next movements that would help them in decision-making.
TARGET GROUP: 16-20 years old
TIME NEEDED: 2 hours
The number of participants could be from 1-5. At first, there is a discussion about personality traits and preferences.
- “How do we define a character-personality”
- “What do we mean by traits of personality? “
- ” How would you describe yourself?”
- “What are your hobbies and your interests?
- “Can you spot some personality traits through your eyes or from people who seem to know you?”
The young people present their knowledge and their views. The discussion can always go deeper if there is a moment of realization. The variety of questions could also depend on the dynamic of the group. This activity is going to last around 30′ minutes.
The second part is the implementation of the Big Five-factor test. The test is personal for every individual; to do it, a device that could be connected to the internet is necessary. The time for this activity is 30 minutes.
When they get their results, we give them 20 minutes to think about them and also do research on the web in case they want to learn more about their specific result type, just for the brainstorming following up in the reflection time.
The last part is the reflection time with the mentor. Questions are really important in this part.
- “How do you feel about this procedure?”
- “Did you realise new about yourself?”
- “Do you think that the results fit your personality?”
- “Did you come up with some conclusions?”
- “Are you able to do some next steps after this session? If not can you define what is still missing that you want to explore?”
As for the time duration of the last part is going to last around 20 minutes. The remaining time could be used for further questions reflection or plan making by taking notes.
LIST OF MATERIALS:
- devices with an internet connection,
- notes and