To shortly describe an idea, product, or oneself in a way that the description explains one’s skills and goals and why they would be a productive and beneficial person to have on a team or within a company or project.
Young people (15 – 29 years)
Minimum 30 minutes.
- Step 1 (10 min): Shortly present the idea of an elevator pitch
- Step 2 (20 min): Participants prepare their elevator pitches. We invite them to use various mediums (they can film a video, write a pitch, present a visual aid to support the pitch, or generate a PPT presentation) that will best support the pitch.
- Step 3 (15 min): Participants divide into groups and present their pitches.
LIST OF MATERIALS
- Templates for an elevator pitch,
- pieces of paper,
- if possible: prepare an example.
You can use the different versions found online. We invite you to use the activity “Pitch Yourself” and worksheets created by the Cities of learning network (LINK).