Riasec Theory and Personality Test
Theory of personality that focuses on career and vocational choice. It groups people based on their suitability for six different categories of occupations. The six types yield the RIASEC acronym, by which the theory is also commonly known.
Young people (15 – 29 years). It can even be used when working with adults.
Step 1 (15 min): Short debate on vocational choices, the RIASEC theory and six vocational types and how we can use this knowledge in our career.
Step 2 (15 min): Participants explore Holland’s model and explore what are their possible 3 top types.
Step 3 (15 min): Group debate, possible directions for discussion:
- what professions are connected with the six types,
- what competencies do you need to have for each type,
- what are the strong points of people in each type, and what do they still need to learn,
- who are good collaborators to work in a team, etc.?
Note: Best option would be for participants to solve the Hollands test, but this depends on country regulations. To perform the test yourself, you need to complete training and obtain a certificate that enables them to purchase the SDS Holland test.
LIST OF MATERIALS
It depends on you and how you decide to use this method, but we recommend:
- printout descriptions of all six vocational types and Holland’s model,
- open RIASEC test,
- paper and pens.