Things Your Parents Couldn’t Tell You
Participants discover trends in the world impacted by the 4th industrial revolution through biographical learning about the differences between them and their parents.
Teenagers and young adults
Introduction (5 min)
Explanation of the aim and flow of the session.
My parents at my age (35 min)
Biographical learning in the following phases:
- Individual work: Drawing three portraits (using symbols to present the “spirit of the time” for each of them):
- Me, now
- My parents when I was born
- My parent at my age
- Group discussion:
- What did you present in the pictures?
- Why did you draw things you did?
- What are the five main differences between the “world” of your parent at your age and the “world” of you today?
Short presentation: Industry 4.0 (15 min)
- Concept of the Industry 4.0
- Major technological innovations in Industry 4.0
- Major trends in Industry 4.0
PEST analysis of the “World 4.0” (15 min)
Defining the “world 4.0” (= world defined by Industry 4.0) from 4 different perspectives:
- P = political
- E = economical
- S = social
- T = technological
Work in couples, putting post-its on four posters (one poster for each letter).
Closing-up discussion (20 min)
Debriefing and implications for the labour market.
LIST OF MATERIALS
- papers /notebooks
- pens, colour pens, markers